THIS recipe from Campbells is DELICIOUS!! It has definitely become a family favourite. If only shanks weren’t so damn expensive 😥
You need to give it a go. The lamb is sticky and lipsmackingly good!
I have altered it to our tastes a bit by using 2 cans of brown lentils, added more oregano, more brown sugar, plus added salt and pepper. Otherwise the recipe is the same on the website.
- 1 cup dried brown or green lentils
- 4 large French trimmed lamb shanks
- 1L (4 cups) Campbell’s Real Stock – Salt Reduced Beef
- 420 g Campbell’s Tomato Condensed Soup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 500mL (2 cups) Campbell’s Real Stock – Chicken
For the method click HERE and you will go to the Campbells website