These are the perfect way to get some extra veggies into my fussy little 3 year old Ali.
Adding some grated carrot, some peas, some extra sneaky veg is always a great extra inside these too. Ali is at that fussy stage of loving a food one day but hating it the next. The WORST stage of toddlerhood. It seriously drives me crazy. He’s loving chick peas at the moment so i’m making so many different tagines with them in while I can, last month he hated chick peas so we were unable to use them. He would flat out refuse to eat the meal if he noticed that chick peas were cooked with it too.
9 tbsp of cornstarch (cornflour)
1 cup flour
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp salt
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the potatoes in small cubes in salted water.
- Smash up the potatoes (plus other veg if using) and add all other ingredients.
- Spread the dough on a floured surface to 1 cm thick, form circles and eyes with a straw, and use a spoon for the mouth.
- Fry in hot oil until golden.
- Serve with a small salad (if they eat that) 😉 and some sauce for dipping
If you make them please let me know what you think!