I’m sure that recipe title should read baked lemon chicken with garlic and potatoes lol it’s VERY lemony!
This lovely recipe is from mamaslebanesekitchen.com and as long as you love both garlic and lemon you will LOVE this recipe!
When I make it again next time (because I WILL be making it again) i’ll likely use a quarter of a cup less lemon juice as the recipe stated. It was nice but the lemon was very overpowering.
Summary: A traditional garlic chicken dish from Lebanon.
Baked Garlic Chicken Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 lbs of chicken legs/quarters/breasts
- 5 medium potatoes
- 20 cloves of garlic (or 1.5 heads)
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 table spoons of olive oil
- salt to taste
- A pinch of Lebanese 7-spices
- Vinegar (optional)
Baked Garlic Chicken Preparation Method
- Soak chicken in vinegar for 2 minutes (to help remove the “chickeny” smell), rinse them well with cold water then dry them with paper towels.
- Make cuts in chicken in order to allow for garlic sauce to seep deep inside.
- Rub chicken with a table spoon or two of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of Lebanese 7-spices.
- Peel potatoes then cut them in disks of about 1/2 inch, salt lightly.
- Place chicken on bottom of baking tray (preferably metal), place potatoes on top, and bake at 400F (medium heat) for about 40-50 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile place the garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 2-3 table spoons of olive oil in a blender/food processor and spin for 4-5 minutes, add the lemon juice and spin for another 4-5 minutes until you have a nice lemony-garlicky sauce.
- Once the chicken has baked, take the tray out of the oven and very carefully drain any excess liquids/fat/water that you see on the bottom.
- Pour the garlic sauce all over it while mixing it well with the potatoes, put back in the oven and broil for another 5-10 minutes until the potatoes turn reddish
- Serve warm.
- Note: You may need to consume an unusually large quantity of toothpaste afterwards.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4