I love Arabic food, and Kefta is one of my all-time favourites. You can buy Kefta mince already made in some butchers or you can easily make it yourself. Google will give you hundreds of wonderfully different ways. I hope you’ll love this recipe here from Hanan in a cooking group I’m in.
Preheat oven to medium heat
2. Using your hands, divide the Kafta into balls, each the size of an egg, and then flatten each ball into a circle to obtain kafta patties
3. In a baking pan, arrange the Kafta patties one next to the other.
4. And put them in the Oven
5. While the Kafta is in the oven Cut Vegetables (i put Potatoes, tomatoes,Capsicum and Onions) Once Kafta looks cooked take out of the oven
6. Put the capsicum and onions over the Kefta then place the potato slices as a layer on top.
7. Then pour a can or 2 of diced italian tomato (depending on how much you have made) dissolved a bit of tomato paste, salt, pepper and water mix well and then pour evenly over the baking pan and sprinkle dried mint over the food.
8. Cover the baking tray (saniyi) and then place it on stove on high until the sauce for the dish starts to boil. Once it starts to boil cook on low heat for about 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
9. Serve with white rice on the side.