I LOVE PIZZA !! I’m sure we ALL love pizza hahaha
I also love Buzzfeed and this wonderfully easy (my favourite kind) caught my eye just now.
I hope you love this post as much as I did.
Serving 8 ( hahahaha yeah right! )
1 pizza dough
3 tablespoons alfredo sauce
½ cup mozzarella cheese
½ cup cooked chicken
1 cubed roma tomato
1. Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C.
2. Roll out dough to about 10 – 12 inches in diameter.
3. Top pizza with alfredo sauce, chicken, and tomatoes.
4. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is crispy and cheese is melted and 5. turning golden brown.
6. Garnish with parsley and cut into 8 slices.
Check out Buzzfeed HERE to see a video of how it’s made.
This is one of our family’s favourite recipes. You can cook it as it is or you can mix some beef mince through when cooking the onions to give a different spin on it, you can make the topping more of a pizza style by adding pineapple or whatever you wish. It’s VERY adaptable and it packs well for a cold lunch the next day too!
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 3 x brown onions, diced
- 1 x large tin red kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 x tins, chopped tomatoes
- 2 x medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 x green capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 x red capsicum, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced black olived
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1.5 cups grated cheese for topping
- 3 Tbls ground cumin
- 5 Tbls ground paprika
- 1/4 tspn chilli flakes
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn pepper
Preheat oven to 180C and spray a large roasting dish with oil.
Rinse rice and cook by packet instructions until almost soft, drain and put into your chosen dish.
Meanwhile heat some Olive Oil in a large frying pan and cook onions until almost soft, add Basil and garlic and cook a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the Cumin, 3 TBS of the paprika, chilli flakes, ground chilli if using and the salt and pepper. Cook a further 1 minute stirring until fragrant. Remove from heat.
Put the rice into the roasting dish and add the rice mixture with the extra other 2 TBS of paprika and stir well. Mix in the tins of tomatoes and the Red kidney beans. Mix well so that everything is distributed evenly.
Pat down gently and smooth the top so that it is evenly sitting in the dish then cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and top with the chopped tomatoes, olives, mixed capsicums and cheese. Bake a further 15 minutes until cheese is nicely melted then cut up and serve immediately.