I love Arabic food, and Kefta is one of my all-time favourites. You can buy Kefta mince already made in some butchers or you can easily make it yourself. Google will give you hundreds of wonderfully different ways. I hope you’ll love this recipe here from Hanan in a cooking group I’m in.
Preheat oven to medium heat
2. Using your hands, divide the Kafta into balls, each the size of an egg, and then flatten each ball into a circle to obtain kafta patties
3. In a baking pan, arrange the Kafta patties one next to the other.
4. And put them in the Oven
5. While the Kafta is in the oven Cut Vegetables (i put Potatoes, tomatoes,Capsicum and Onions) Once Kafta looks cooked take out of the oven
6. Put the capsicum and onions over the Kefta then place the potato slices as a layer on top.
7. Then pour a can or 2 of diced italian tomato (depending on how much you have made) dissolved a bit of tomato paste, salt, pepper and water mix well and then pour evenly over the baking pan and sprinkle dried mint over the food.
8. Cover the baking tray (saniyi) and then place it on stove on high until the sauce for the dish starts to boil. Once it starts to boil cook on low heat for about 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
9. Serve with white rice on the side.
I LOVE PIZZA !! I’m sure we ALL love pizza hahaha
I also love Buzzfeed and this wonderfully easy (my favourite kind) caught my eye just now.
I hope you love this post as much as I did.
Serving 8 ( hahahaha yeah right! )
1 pizza dough
3 tablespoons alfredo sauce
½ cup mozzarella cheese
½ cup cooked chicken
1 cubed roma tomato
1. Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C.
2. Roll out dough to about 10 – 12 inches in diameter.
3. Top pizza with alfredo sauce, chicken, and tomatoes.
4. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is crispy and cheese is melted and 5. turning golden brown.
6. Garnish with parsley and cut into 8 slices.
Check out Buzzfeed HERE to see a video of how it’s made.
We love this bread, I love the smell of it baking and the eating is just as good! I hope you like it too. My photo’s are generally iPhone 4s…. not much good for nice images but meh you do what you can do hahaha
- 4 cups plain flour
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 2 tspn dry active yeast
- 1 cup hand hot water
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 Tbls caster sugar
Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with paper.
Activate the yeast by mixing it with the sugar into the hot water, sit it in a draught free place for 10 minutes or until foamy.
Mix the ingredients by hand or with a stand mixer and dough hook until a soft dough forms and is smooth and elastic. put into a bowl that’s been oiled with olive oil and cover with a tea towel in a warm spot until risen.
Punch it down and then stuff with your choice of cheese ( Feel free to play with the stuffing adding olives or peppers etc… )
Top with Melted butter that’s been mixed with some crushed garlic, olives, halved baby tomatoes, some oregano or italian herbs and grated cheeses.
Bake until golden and cooked through.