I’m part of a fantastic website where you share ideas, recipes, review products and more called Shopper Social. Not only do I LOVE to trial products and review them but I also love to see new recipes.
This delicious looking recipe caught my eye and I just HAD to share with you!
For other recipes or to sign up to this fantastic website click HERE
Balsamic Garlic Grilled Mushroom Skewers
As a replacement for meat or as a side at your next BBQ – however you fancy, they’re a great addition to your table!
Smoky grilled balsamic and garlic marinated mushroom skewers
ingredients serves 4
- 900g mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the mushrooms in the mixture of the remaining ingredients for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the mushrooms and grill over medium-high heat until just tender and slightly charred, about 2-3 minutes per side.
This is one of our family’s favourite recipes. You can cook it as it is or you can mix some beef mince through when cooking the onions to give a different spin on it, you can make the topping more of a pizza style by adding pineapple or whatever you wish. It’s VERY adaptable and it packs well for a cold lunch the next day too!
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 3 x brown onions, diced
- 1 x large tin red kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 x tins, chopped tomatoes
- 2 x medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 x green capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 x red capsicum, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced black olived
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1.5 cups grated cheese for topping
- 3 Tbls ground cumin
- 5 Tbls ground paprika
- 1/4 tspn chilli flakes
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn pepper
Preheat oven to 180C and spray a large roasting dish with oil.
Rinse rice and cook by packet instructions until almost soft, drain and put into your chosen dish.
Meanwhile heat some Olive Oil in a large frying pan and cook onions until almost soft, add Basil and garlic and cook a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the Cumin, 3 TBS of the paprika, chilli flakes, ground chilli if using and the salt and pepper. Cook a further 1 minute stirring until fragrant. Remove from heat.
Put the rice into the roasting dish and add the rice mixture with the extra other 2 TBS of paprika and stir well. Mix in the tins of tomatoes and the Red kidney beans. Mix well so that everything is distributed evenly.
Pat down gently and smooth the top so that it is evenly sitting in the dish then cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and top with the chopped tomatoes, olives, mixed capsicums and cheese. Bake a further 15 minutes until cheese is nicely melted then cut up and serve immediately.